Santa Maria del Silenzio

  • Roma
  • Communities directly under the generalate

  • Our Lady of silence

    House of Solitude

    In 1996, as part of the village of Madonna, at the gates of Rome in Ponte Galeria, after the renovation of some old unused stables, three sisters began to realize a community of contemplative life, dedicated to "Santa Maria del Silenzio". In 2004, His Excellency Mons. Gino Reali, bishop of the Diocese of Porto and Santa Rufina dedicated the newly built Chapel to Mary the Queen of all Saints.

    The community lives the monastic wisdom, present for centuries in the Church and wishes to highlight the contemplative aspect of the charism of the Daughters of the Church. Following in the footsteps of the Foundress, the community that bases its daily life on the Word of God and on the Eucharist walks the path of research together with the whole Religious Family and all the people of God who are wandering towards the Kingdom, in harmony with the desire for silence and solitude that the same Spirit has placed in the heart of Mother Oliva "(Statutes, 9).

    According to the spirit of the Constitutions of the Daughters of the Church, we share our charism with some lay people who feel attracted by the spirit of the Institute, contributing to the growth of their spirituality and directing them to be contemplatives in action.

    The community is sensitive to ecumenical dialogue in the spirit of the ut unum sint that characterizes our religious family. They express it in liturgical prayer, enriched by ecumenical texts and prayers, and maintain simple and fraternal relations with other Christian denominations and with members of other religions.

    Santa Maria del Silenzio

    Address

    • Via della Magliana 1240
    • 00148
    • Roma
    • Italy

    Contact

    • Telephone: +39 06 65000622
    • E-Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

    Activity

      News

      Event