The Daughters of the Church arrived in Trieste on the feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in 1947, taking up residence in a modest quarters near the Jesuit fathers, to dedicate themselves to parish works, but the heart and desire of Mother Maria Oliva were oriented to make the Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, the heart of the city. After three years of presence, the Bishop Monsignor Santin entrusted to our community the Chapel adjacent to the Church of St. Anthony Nuovo for Daily Adoration, offering also a small but decent apartment inside the church building.
On 2 February 1950 the Adoration was inaugurated and Jesus Exposed in the Eucharist gradually became the "center of attraction" for the whole city; since then every day the faithful stand faithfully at his feet to draw grace, joy and hope from his love.
Adoration has always been, and still is, the first apostolate of the community, together with liturgical animation and collaboration in catechesis.
Over time, several sisters alternated, some from 1971 to 2006 were engaged in the Teaching of Religion in public, elementary and middle schools.
Now our community located near the Church of St. Anthony, Via St. Lazarus 14 is engaged in fortifying Eucharistic Adoration, in liturgical animation, in catechesis and in the extraordinary ministry of Communion for the aged in the numerous homes of the parish. We also collaborate in the decoration of the church.
For over thirty years a Fraternity of "Lay Association of the Sons of the Church" has been formed alongside, still constituted by a good group, which we take care of in formation and try to strengthen them with the help of a priest.